Hello DIS families,
We will be giving your child state-required achievement tests this spring. The testing window is April 4 – April 29. Our DIS students will be tested in English language arts/reading and mathematics. The tests are a part of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) program and are being given to all eligible students. The results of these state tests will be reported to you on the School Report Card in the fall. We will review these state test results along with other information to help us improve our school program. In addition, you will receive information about your child’s performance on the state tests he or she took.
You can help your child do his/her best on the test by:
1) making sure that your child attends school on the days of testing;
2) making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
3) providing breakfast on the mornings of testing;
4) reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
5) letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best; and
6) advising your child not to worry about the test – just do the best he or she can.
Please contact your child’s teacher if you want additional information or have further questions about these tests.
We look forward to sharing the PARCC results with you this fall.
Yours in Education,
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
March 7th : Casimir Pulaski Day – No School
March 1st – 9th : 5th Grade Boys Basketball (Consult your schedule for game times and dates).
March 10th – 17th : 6th Grade Boys Basketball (Consult your schedule for game times and dates).
March 12th : STEM Book Fair is being held at the Barnes and Noble in Fairview Heights near the St. Clair Mall
March 24th, 25th and 28th : Spring Break – No School
Second Annual “March Math-ness” Challenge - $4 Fee
March 3rd, 10th, 17th after school until 5:00
Don’t get mad this March over your bracket! Come explore some more Math Magic, amazing puzzles, huge bubbles and celebrate Pi Day with us.
Parking Next Door
Many of you used to drop off or pick up students at the Glazy Square donut shop next door. Please help us be a good neighbor and improve student safety by using our circle drive for drop-offs and pick-ups. Their spots should be for customers only.